Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Going Dutch

            The moment I heard that clogs had appeared on the runway this season, I cringed with a flashback of 1999 and the clunky Mudd pleather clogs I so proudly wore. Clogs for me are restricted to nightmares of our fashion mistakes past, nurses, and our maternal like shoes with the clunky heel. I could not possible expect there to be anything good coming out of this trend resurrection. 


         After rifling through pages online of clogs that should have stopped after 1970(see Frye's sad attempt-above), I actually found a pair that I would actually be proud to wear.  Vera Wang proved that she can do so much more than create fairy tale wedding dresses but actually doing the clog some justice. I never thought clogs could be sexy, but here it is. hiding a 1" platform to take some weight off the 4" heel, these black leather babies are hot. They even come in a beautiful chocolate leather for the earthier styles out there, but the black ones hold a special place in my heart. 
             I envision these being the perfect anchor to super long, dark, skinny jeans almost giving the illusion of a biker boot, done in a daintier way. They've been selling out fast ever since the Vera Wang show so get them before they're gone. While you're at it, don't forget to get a pair in a size 8 for yours truly. I'll be waiting for them. 

1 comment: