Friday, January 22, 2010

Yes. I'll have a shot of Clinique.

I woke up today not feeling my usual, refreshed self. My mind flashed back to the night before. I had taken my nightly shower, put lotion on my hands and hit the pillow with sweet dreams. I had missed a step though, neglected an old friend that my mom had introduced to me many years before.
There it was on my vanity not distinguishable in any way, just a plain frosted square bottle half full with yellow liquid, its metal cap missing from one of its overnight excursions away with me. Nothing glamorous, just Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.
A lotion that my mother(and secretly, my father too) has been using for years, I would always steal the sample sized bottles that she would get with her Clinique purchases. Back then, I felt so grown up putting the creamy yellow liquid all over my face. Now, just the opposite, I know I'm preventing my face growing old too fast and I get to wake up the morning after using it feeling refreshed, hydrated, and glowing.
Most moisturizers leave my combination type skin feeling like it spent the night in a bowl of whole milk, too heavy and greasy, but with Clinique the skin on my face feels so healthy and fresh from the second I wake up.
This classic lotion hasn't changed one bit over the years, except for Clinique adding a handy pump top to its iconic bottle. One squirt will moisturize your whole face so the bottle doesn't go quickly which can help justify the purchase. The only thing that could make it any better? If Clinique would make a formula with SPF. So get on that, Clinique.

No comments:

Post a Comment