Saturday, January 30, 2010

Are Those Things Fake?

            January is almost done, which means most people have already abandoned their resolutions for the new year. Most of mine have already fallen through but there is one that I am almost keeping. One of my goals for the year was to be a little more earth conscious and more conscious of the chemicals I'm putting in and on my body. With that in mind I have decided to make the switch to organic make up. 
            My everyday make-up routine consists of Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil  next to my lash line, a quick curl with my Shu Uemura, and then a swipe of DiorShow Mascara. The look is easy and effective. The eye pencil is soft so it doesn't require tugging on your eyelids and it goes on and stays on, while my DiorShow gives me the perfect glamour lashes that often get me asked if I'm wearing falsies. So what's a girl to do when her favorite products that make her look like a star are packed with chemicals that are probably responsible for the hole in the ozone? Time to find replacements. 
             I started at my favorite beauty website's organic section. Organic make up is  so new and not as popular yet that the finds aren't as extensive, but after reading reviews online and comparing different products, I think I found my matches.
            After trying out my new organic make up routine, I came to the conclusion that my new products might even be better than the originals. Tarte and Korres are both natural/organic make up and beauty companies with good reputations so that's where my purchases were made. One black eyeliner from Korres and black mascara from Tarte, time to see if going natural meant sacrificing looking like a bombshell. 
              If you had me ignore the packaging and apply one eye with the Urban Decay eye pencil and one with Korres Eyeliner Pencil, I would have never known the difference. Korres' pencil applied the same inky black in a soft pencil that blends so perfectly and then stays put, it was like a miracle.  Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! applied after curling your eyelashes, gives you those perfect mascara commercial eyelashes that fan out and curl up beautifully. It is also a mascara that people mistake for fake eyelashes, and if you're looking so good that it looks fake, you're doing something right. 
              I am officially converted to natural eye make up. It looks just as good, if not better, and I never noticed it, but my eyes were frequently itchy when I used my old make up and with my new natural stuff my eyes are just fine. Not to mention the fact that I look better than ever with the natural stuff on my side. So, unless you have an exclusive ad campaign with a non-organic make up label, give the natural stuff a try. It won't hurt you, it will actually help you and mother earth just a little.

1 comment:

  1. I might need to try that mascara, I can never seem to get that perfect look! Hmm natural is a good way to go, but make up or no you're beautiu! Have you seen the 2 step smokey eye pencil, I think by loreal?

    ReplyDelete